This Data Privacy Statement regulates the handling of the personal data of customers, registered users, interested parties and non-registered visitors of the websites of Beneo.
Collection and processing of personal data
When you visit our web site, our servers routinely store various access data in an electronic “log file”. These data include the IP address from which you are accessing our site, the web page from which you are visiting us plus the date and duration of your visit. The data are used exclusively for statistical purposes and under no circumstances are any forwarded to third parties. This enables us to continuously improve our web site and to enhance its attractiveness, usefulness and content.
The controller of the data file within the meaning of data protection law is:
Tel.: +49 621 421-150
Fax: +49 621 421-160
Beneo commits to protecting the private sphere of the visitors and users of the Beneo websites and to use their personal data exclusively according to relevant data protection law and this Data Privacy Statement.
The employees of Beneo shall be routinely obligated to maintaining data secrecy. The basis for this is found under the respective applicable statutory provisions such as the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Collection and transmission of personal data within BENEO group
Your personal data collected via this website or by any other means will not be transmitted to any third parties other than the following legal entities of the BENEO group:
BENEO GmbH, Germany
BENEO Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd, Singapore
BENEO Inc., USA
BENEO India Private Ltd., India
BENEO Latinoamerica Ltda., Brazil
BENEO-Orafti S.A., Belgium
BENEO-Palatinit GmbH, Germany
BENEO-Remy N.V., Belgium
Orafti Chile S.A, Chile
Use and divulgence of personal data and limitation of use
We only collect and save personal data that you have voluntarily provided; for example, data that are submitted if you send us a message via a contact form, or via email, if you register for a download, if you participate in a survey, a contest or apply for a position. These data are used exclusively for the purpose identified and described.
Furthermore, personal data are only divulged to government institutions and authorities within the limits of mandatory regulations. Our employees and agencies are duty bound by us to respect the confidentiality of the data and strictly adhere to the stipulations of the European Data Protection Acts.
For technical reasons, data is collected on our webservers. This data is transmitted from the internet browser to our web server. The data is stored in server log files. The following data is stored there:
- type and version of the browser used
- operating system (User agent)
- websites that linked to our site (referrer URL)
- websites that have been visited
- date and time of your visit
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- status codes
The data is anonymized and stored separately from any other personal information, thereby making it impossible to connect it to any particular person. The data is used for statistical purposes and for technical maintenance or incident management in order to improve the quality of our website and of our services.
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites, applications or services to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our websites, applications or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service). We use the following different types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary/ Technical: These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
- Analytical/ Performance: These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what pages are most frequently visited, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
- Functionality: These Cookies let us operate the Sites in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the Sites and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, the information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows marketed website tags to be managed using an interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data. The tool causes other tags to be activated which may, for their part, register data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this information. If recording has been deactivated on domain or cookie level, this setting will remain in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
Point of contact for data protection
For questions on the collection, processing or use of personal data, for information or for corrections, blocking or deletion of data and revoking consents previously granted, the affected party should contact via email:
BENEO Group Data Protection Officer, BENEO GmbH, Maximilianstraße 10, 68165 Mannheim, Germany, contact @ beneo.com.